This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links.87
Start a Travel Blog with Travel Payouts, and maybe already have completed your website dedicated to travels. You may already have a travel blog of your own travels and now interested in turning your blog into a profitable website. In this article, you will be shown how to set up your blog to earn commissions from displaying travel-related ads like flights, hotels, tour guides, vacation home rentals, and more all through Travel Payouts and WordPress.
Right now, due to Covid19, traveling is a little slow but you can still tap into the traveling industry and make a great deal amount of money with recommendations of hotels, flights, restaurants for instance as work-related business trips. There are lots of money to be made with traveling, as the traveling industry is a top niche worldwide.
TravelPayouts is a site that is 100% dedicated to helping their affiliates make money in the travel industry. Now you wondering what is TravelPayouts, continue reading to find out more.
TravelPayouts is a travel search engine with great tools to help you build an awesome travel website. They have 3 different travel search engines that you can use and promote Aviasales, JetRadar, and Hotellook.
- Aviasales is the largest flight search engine in Eastern Europe and gives your visitors the ability to compare flights worldwide.
- Jetradar will allow you to tap into the worldwide travel market and supports a variety of languages and currencies.
- Hotellook that allows you to search over 250,000 hotels around the world.
Making Money with Travel Payouts
Travel Payouts offers different monetization tools for travel bloggers.
TravelPayouts you can direct people directly to their program and earn commissions just by simply referring new people to the program. Here is how to promote TravelPayouts using direct links, search forms, mobile app, and second-tier affiliates.
- Direct Linking may be the easiest way to make money with TravelPayouts just by simply posting a link to their search engine using a text link or one of the banners that they provide in their affiliate area.
- Search Forms will allow you to post a search form on your blog and TravelPayouts even offers some pre-made search forms that you just simply copy-paste to your blog. When someone uses that search form and purchases a plane ticket or books a hotel recommendation you will earn a commission from that sale and booking.
- Mobile App you can simply link to TravelPayouts mobile apps, when your visitors install the application you will earn money from the reservations they make for an entire year. With Mobile App, you will not have to worry about affiliate cookie length or getting your commissions stolen by competitors.
- Second Tier Affiliates program will allow you to make money by referring other travel bloggers to TravelPayouts and you will earn 5% commissions on their generated sales.
How to Get Started with TravelPayouts
Simply go to TravelPayouts.com and signup as their affiliate partner. You will receive two emails to confirm your account along with instructions to set up your account. Their profile is settings in their dashboard is quite simple just enter your details with your travel website address and click on save. Update your payment settings, this is how you receive your commission payouts and I recommend PayPal. When you save and update your payment settings you will receive another email to confirm you made the changes in your account, which you must do.
How to use WordPress Plugin for Travel Payouts
You should already have a WordPress blog started with some content, if you do not I recommend starting your WordPress blog through Wealthy Affiliate, bookmark this page so can come back and continue the steps after setting up your WordPress blog. If you already have your WordPress Blog setup continue reading.
1. Go to travel payouts login to your account and go to the tools section, scroll down to WordPress Plugin, and download. Go back to your WordPress dashboard, click on Plugins, and upload the WordPress Plugin and activate it.
2. Select an article you have already published or write a new article based on traveling. In the tools area of editing in WordPress, you should see Flights, Hotels, Widget, Form, and Link beside add media option. This group of tools is provided through the travelpayouts WordPress Plugin you downloaded.
Adding Flights through WordPress editor. When you click on flights and window will appear as shown below-called Constructor tables. You will need to click on the drop-down menu option and choose the option you would like; in this example, the selection option is number 5 Cheapest Flights from origin to destination for the next year. Fill in the information for instance round trip flight from Los Angeles California to Orlando, Florida, and click on create. Update or publish your article, then view it to make sure it appears correctly in the spot you chose.
With the image shown above, you can see the cheapest flights from Los Angeles to Orland for the year ahead as I chose in the example instructions and this is how the flights appear on your website.
Now let us go back and add hotel recommendations in your article.
Adding Hotel Recommendations
In the WordPress Editor, click on Widget. Again, you will have the Constructor Widgets window appear and you will need to select an option. In this example, the selected option is Hotels Selections Widget in the City entered Destin, Florida as this match by recommendation of one of the best Florida beaches. In this option, you can select how many hotel recommendations you would like to show, by default it is set at 10. Again click on update or publish, view to make sure the hotel recommendations are showing.
The image above shows how the top 10 hotel recommendations appear on your website using the hotel selections in the widget. These appear big in your blog, and TravelPayout pulled these hotels from booking.com and other travel booking services that are popular in Destin, Florida. Your visitors will see the overall rating scale of each hotel with a slideshow of the details of the hotel. This saves you all the work of having to upload all the images yourself.
Let me show you another option for the recommendation of hotels to your blog visitors that I use more often and is my favorite.
Go back to your WordPress Article to edit and again click on Widgets, this time scroll down to Hotel Widget and select. In the hotel Widget window, enter the hotel name you would like to recommend. In this case, I entered Hyatt Place St. Petersburg Downtown the hotel pops up in grey with the correct city to click on and then click on create. Update or publish the article and view the update.
This is how the single hotel recommendation will appear, it shows smaller with a slideshow. To me, this is the best option, as you want the page to load fast not to detour your visitors a way to a competitor website. You can repeat this option as many times you like to show different hotels in certain areas.
This option you will have to write a brief proposal on how you are going to promote the tours and wait to get approval notification. If you are not approved for tours, bookmark this page and come back once approved. If already approved continue reading.
The image above is a program being affiliated with through PayOuts, they provide tour bookings for travel. I have already written a proposal and been approved, that is why you see the option in the image that says tools.
Click on tools, and then widgets you will then see two options activity and city widget. The chosen widget in this example is an activity widget, and the chosen city is Orlando Florida. If it is a big tourist attraction you will need to select how many activities you would like shown to your blog visitors. In this example selected 12 and you will notice the preview screen in your travel payouts window of the recommendations along with how it should look on your website.
Highlight that code at bottom of that window by clicking on copy code and go back to your WordPress blog post editor and paste that code where you like it to appear in your blog post. To do this you will need to click on a text editor and paste the code in the spot chosen, then click on update or publish. Remember to view your updated article to make sure the activity recommendations are showing.
TravelPayouts Offers Variety of Travel Programs
You can run a successful travel business as an affiliate by recommending flights, hotels, tours, and even travel insurance to keep your visitors from having to go to multiple websites to cover all their travel needs. The travel insurance program, again you will need to write a proposal to be verified that your website is about traveling.
To get travel accessories like luggage can find partners through Commission Junction or ShareASale to have recommendations and not miss out on those commissions.
You May also like to read “Top 8 Best Travel Affiliate Programs” to get more ideas for operating a travel website.
If you need additional help or simply say thank you for the information, leave in the comments below.